The tribute team at RayMackereth.com have known for a while that our ‘hero’ Ray Mackereth has worked as a council bus driver. Honest work for an honest day’s pay. More power to him.
So that should have been the end of. Of course, it should have. But this is Ray Mackereth, not your everyday hero.
Mackereth sold or lost most of his assets after he lost a Federal Circuit Court case brought by a former employee and then he declared bankruptcy . This included his shares in here Q News Pty Limited that owns buy modafinil from sun pharma Q News Magazine, now run by the fabulous all round good guy Richard Bakker and his brand new team of editors and contributors.
Quickly on the new-look Q News Magazine. It looks fabulous, is elegantly designed and really talks to and about the LGBTQIA community in South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales as well as some national stuff. You can read it online here or the online magazine format here. It is no longer run from the gaudy Paddington mansion but out of new premises at 349 Montague Rd, West End.
When our hero Mackereth sold and transferred his shares to Mr Bakker, also went his legal access to the Dance Party physical and intellectual property assets of Brisbane White Wolf, including websites and branding.
Co-founders of Brisbane White Wolf Brenton Larcombe and Deeje Hancock from Number 29, are the new controllers of the White Wolf brand after a deal was made to resurrect the parties.
Deeje and Brenton are bringing the party back this weekend. But alas, as White Wolf now takes off under new leadership, some sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, (but anonymous) person has said “an event claiming to White Wolf and using our branding“
“To clear up an enquiry, We ARE NOT holding a White Wolf party this weekend guys …. Beware of imitations. We have been told that somebody is using our White Wolf name and pretending to be White Wolf …LOL … “They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery”, but we are told that there may be an event claiming to be White Wolf and using our branding for this Easter 2018???”
Q News Pty Limited owns www.whitewolf.net.au as shown by the AusRegistry. Sources have told RayMackereth.com that there may be some lighting and sound equipment that may still be floating around with a curious custodian, but that, of course, is a matter for the bankruptcy trustee, not a humble tribute page.
The White Wolf branding above was once owned and paid for by Q News Pty Limited and so when Mackereth sold and transferred his shares to Mr Bakker just weeks before declaring bankruptcy, he also lost access to this branding and the new director of Q News has shared the intellectual property assets with two of the original three founders of White Wolf.
If it was the case that Mr Mackereth continued to use the branding of his former company and its branding and those pesky lights, he, of course, would have had to disclose that to the public trustee and an undischarged bankrupt.
Indeed Mr Mackereth’s own ABN search shows that he is no longer the owner/user of any business name or trademarks of White Wolf (or even a Black Sheep as it turns).
What the same searches do show is that Number 29 Pty Limited does have a registered business name of “White Wolf Brisbane”. You may know Number 29 better as the award-winning men’s SOPV venue that arose from Ray Mackereth’s very own gutting of the old Klub Kruise when he was the sole director of it.
Klub Kruise crashed under massive debt and liquidated because it owed the taxman and other creditors (including Mr Larcombe) over $150,000.
Speaking of Mr Larcombe, he is the sole director of Number 29 Pty Limited which is the new owner of White Wolf Brisbane. Larcombe’s partner and co-manager of Number 29, David (Deeje) Hancock is the registrant’s contact for Whitewolf.net.au that used to be controlled by Mr Mackereth when he still had a relationship with Q News.
So after all this boring corporate stuff, here is what makes it SAD! Q News Pty Limited owner Richie Bakker went online on 31 March 2018 to disabuse the sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, (but anonymous) posting that there was not White Wolf this easter in Brisbane.
“What a load of rubbish. White Wolf has changed hands due to stupidity and neglect. (Ouchies). The previous publisher needs to accept this and move on.”
Fun fact, the old, Brisbane White Wolf FB page that suggests the last event was all the way back on 2 October 2016.
But before we go, and while we are not saying the sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, (but anonymous) poster to the old Brisbane White Wolf page is Mackereth, and others such as Mr Bakker seem to suggest.
So let’s go our favourite bits from the online rant in full glory below.
- “Imitation is the Greatest form of Flattery”. Another fun history fact: Brenton Larcombe, Ray Mackereth and Deeje Hancock created White Wolf on Brenton’s 40th and collectively build the event up. So no imitation, rather White Wolf is just back in hands of two of the three founders.
- “NO headline interstate DJ“. Misconceived belief the interstate DJs are somehow better than local talent. Hmmmm.
- “No excellent venue”. Uh huh. We guess a venue that is all kitted out with equipment owned by the promoters ain’t all bad.
- “No large sound and lighting system” – nor was there when the bankruptcy sheriff arrived at Paddington – but more of that later old chap.
- “No Community Benefit” and look we know you are flogging a dead horse, but it is simply not cool to not pay taxes, super, long service leave and divert those funds to allegedly “community events”.
- “We apologise if you have been mislead (was that meant to be “misled” old chap?) by others and yes it is sad what some people will do.” Oh, Oh, Oh, without a hint of irony, a failed event promoter who literally only has the FB page which Q News rightfully owns access to, is calling the rightful owners “sad” while being a keyboard warrior to try to wreck the very event Mackereth lost only because of his insolvency.
- “We don’t know, we will try our best to find out” was written in the old Brisbane White Wolf post comments, when someone asked how the mailing list got to him. Speaking of LOLS, there is no mystery. Q News Pty Limited owns the site and the lists and WWB does not. No mystery. It is just what happens you go bankrupt. You just don’t own stuff any more old chap. We wonder why the old WWB commenter would not be candid about the cold reality. SAD!
By the way, we were happy to not have our hero pictured tucking into a Taco Bell meal on the bus run, as an honest day’s pay is just that.
But it looks like there still may be some personal reflection needed by the big man about what it is like to let go and grow from your failings.
It really does have an “If I can’t have it, no one can” feel about it, doesn’t it? Why is that feeling so familiar?
Happy Easter “Fellas”